Found this piece of newspaper from 1925 CE. It was used to wrap a book (that was not a Sanskrit book). But these are the kind of nostalgic treasure trough one finds when visiting back to the rural roots.
For those who cannot read devanagari, some points are :
- Hindi daily from Kolkata (Calcutta), printed on 23 March 1925
- The mission statement says - "dharme te dhIyatAm buddhir_manas_te-mahad_astu cha" That is, roughly, "May your intellect be steadfast in dharma, and your heart be magnanimous" from Mahabharata.
- Catastrophe in America - referring to the Tri-State Tornado. As of the news 300 killed in Frankfurt, 150 in Murphysboro, Perry was wiped out, 2700 injured.
- Lord Curzon died in London.
- Freedom fighter Subhash Chandra Bose arrested.
- Mahatma Gandhi visits Madras (Chennai).
- 2 dead, 12 houses damaged in Mandale fire in a godown of dry tea.
- Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya bought Hindustan Times for 50,000 Rupees in 1925.
(c) shashikant joshi । शशिकांत जोशी । ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः ।
Practical Sanskrit. All rights reserved. Check us on Facebook.
Post a Comment
Please do add your name and place, after the comment.